Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Marshmallow Caterpillars and Emergent Curriculum


Today a few of my first graders brought in (from home) two jars full of caterpillars, cocoons, and butterflies! OF course I had to throw out my salt painting lesson plan and bust out the marshmallows for caterpillars!







I have never seen a butterfly quite like these. They had reflective silver spots! The kids were so excited!



Bust out the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and talk about all of our FAVORITE foods! 


I even got to use my favorite google eyes I got at Michael's last weekend in the Halloween section!





This student even made his a chrysalis!

6 comments:

  1. Love the combo of the printing with the collage, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Marshmellows as stamps...great idea. Don't you just love teachable moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes opportunities just jump into your lap ... good on you for great adaptability! And I'm very impressed that you had marshmallows 'on hand'! LOVE the google eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative and unique tips dear. Thanks for sharing.


    Click here for more information's Bierdeckel bedrucken

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews